In a recent article in Golf Digest, fitness editor, Ron Kaspriske highlighted 10 of the best resolutions you can make this year to improve your health and your golf game. They are so easy to do, your sure to keep them! Here’s a short hand version of his post. To read the entire article go to: GolfDigest online.
. . . . .
- Stop drinking soda and fruit juice. — If you can drop soda and juice from your diet, you’ll boost you overall health a great deal.
- Drink water all day long. — You’ll feel better and eat less.
- Eat whole foods as often as you can. — If it was manufactured, don’t eat it.
- Commit to 20 minutes of exercise every other day. — Give yourself a challenge.
- Say goodbye to your last gym machine. — For every exercise you can do on a machine, there’s a better one you can do freestyle.
- Focus on your strike zone. — Exercise and tighten your core muscles for balance and power.
- Shallow your swing. — Think of a plane landing on a runway. A shallow swing will save your wrists, elbows and shoulder joints a lot of unnecessary stress.
- Walk whenever you can. — Enough said.
- Strengthen your shoulder girdle. — Strengthen these muscles to prevent injuries.
- Sit up straight. — If you slouch, and sit all day, do hip-extension exercises a few times a week.
Do you have a resolution you are able to keep? Add your ideas in the space below.