I just checked the weather report. Jacksonville Florida, Hammock Beach Resort is going to have perfect golf weather in the coming week: Days: 78 degrees, nights: 58 degrees, chance of rain, next to none. I am psyched!
There are 16 of us from the Tee Club in Hingham heading south on Thursday morning. Jet Blue, early morning flight. The challenge: to pack just what I need and no more. I’d love to pack most of my clothes in the golf bag, not only does that save on a second bag but it helps protect the clubs. Thankfully no heavy wooly sweaters are required, but clothes that can easily be layered are a must (just in case there’s a chill in the air first thing in the morning.)
So here’s my list in order of priority:
- golf balls (lots of them!) The Ocean Course has six holes right along the shoreline! Yikes!
- one light jacket
- one light sweater for those late nights at the local bistro or early morning coffee on the balcony
- one pair of long pants
- two pairs of shorts
- five tops
- jacket, scarf, and mittens! (for the return trip back to chilly New England.)
- And then all the other stuff you can’t travel without… all liquids and gels in tiny little bottles etc. etc. etc.
- Plus the essentials no woman would be without… you name it, it’s included. 🙂
We are playing three courses: both Ocean and Conservatory at Hammock Beach and then on Saturday, we hit the LPGA International, Legends for a 9 am tee time. I’ll be taking lots of pics and reporting back so stay tuned.
This is going to be fun!
Are you traveling for golf this “off-season?” Where to? And what do you pack?